University of Toronto Scholarships 2023 | Apply Now!
University of Toronto Canada Scholarships 2023 are open. Begin your application right now. For international students in Canada, apply for the University of Toronto Scholarships. Every year, Toronto University offers 5,000 admissions and scholarships.
Toronto is Canada’s largest metropolis, featuring a wide range of amenities. The Study Programs are open to all international undergraduate and graduate students. For the third year in a row, the University of Toronto has been ranked first in Canada and 18th in the world in the World Universities Rankings. An IELTS score is not required for the UOFT Scholarships.
If you have finished your previous study at English Institute, the University of Toronto does not require an IELTS score. Still, if you want to offer an English Language Test, you may apply for the Duolingo English Language Test, which is an online English Language Test that you can take from the comfort of your own home. Canada’s First Higher Educational Institute. The University of Toronto Scholarships are often regarded as the best in the world.
Why Study in Canada?
- Quality Education in Canada
- When you choose to study in Canada as an international student, you’re making the right choice for the future
- After all, Canadian education is an investment in you or your children.
- Canada is recognized worldwide for its high academic standards
- Canada has some of the top universities in the world.
IELTS Requirement at the University of Toronto: Optional
IELTS academic of 6.5 bands is accepted by the University of Toronto but it is not a mandatory requirement for filing an admission application there. If an applicant can provide any other IELTS alternative test then an application for scholarship/admission would still be accepted.
The list of English language proficiency tests accepted at the University of Toronto in 2023 are:
- IELTS Academic
- Caribbean Examinations Council English courses
- University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies “Academic English” course
List of Scholarships by University of Toronto in 2023
University of Toronto scholarships are for everyone. So, you can submit an application directly to the University’s portal. Some of these Canadian scholarships offered at the University of Toronot are discussed below:
#1 University of Toronto Scholars Program:
This scholarship program is for those undergraduate students who have got admission into the University of Toronto. This scholarship awards around 700 scholarships every year to its domestic and international applicants. The value of the UoT scholar’s award is CAD$7,500.
Students who are applying for any undergraduate program offered at the University of Toronto will be considered for this scholarship program. It is awarded based on candidates’ past educational performance and doesn’t require a separate application. This is a non-renewable scholarship and is only awarded for freshman year.
Details of the Award:
The total number of awards is 700 and is given in the form of a tuition fee waiver of CAD$7,500. It is awarded in the fall of every year and applies to all undergraduate programs offered at the university. It is only one of the many entrance awards offered by the university and is open to international students as well.
Eligibility Criteria and the Application Process of University of Toronto Scholars Program
- Applicants must have an outstanding high school record. This record must be consistent throughout their high school years.
- They must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto.
- They must be applying through direct entry.
There is no need for any application to be made for this scholarship. It is awarded based on the candidate’s previous academic record. Applications are not required for any of the entrance awards offered by the University of Toronto.
Some documents that are required by the candidates for their admission and scholarship are as follows:
- Transcripts of their high school.
- Language proficiency certificate. The minimum score requirement for IELTS is 7.0 and for TOEFL is 93.
- Reference letters and statement of purpose
- Test results of standardized tests like SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc. (if required by the program chosen by the student)
Entrance awards are only given after taking into account the candidates’ high school results and records. Students have to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program starting in the fall.
#2 The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships are for those exceptional students who have maintained high standing in their academics and possess leadership potential. Students are shortlisted and selected based on the impact and change they have made in their community or school. They will also be assessed based on what they can do for the community in the future.
Every year only 37 lucky students get this scholarship which covers the recipients’ tuition, books cost, dormitory/residential expenses, and incidental costs. The maximum duration of the award is four years and it is available to both local and international students.
Application Process of Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
Applicants need to be nominated by their school and must apply to an undergraduate program available at the university. After the applicant has been nominated by his/her school and has applied to the university, he/she will be sent a link to the scholarship application.
Only those students are advised to apply who can be distinguished from their fellow students. The distinction doesn’t just need to be in terms of academic record or qualification. Instead, the students must have a demonstrated interest in serving society and having a positive impact on it.
Eligibility Criteria of Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
- Applicants must be international students requiring a student visa/permit to study in Canada.
- They must be in their final year of high school and must be graduating in June 2023 or later.
- They must be applying for the year starting in Spring 2023 at the University of Toronto.
University of Toronto Scholarships Application Deadline:
There a quite a few deadlines for applying to these U of T scholarships. These deadlines are listed below:
- The last date by which the candidates’ schools can nominate them is February 1, 2023.
- The deadline for applying for the scholarship is January 12th, 2023.
- The deadline for applying to the OUAC is January 15th, 2023. (Students are advised to apply to OUAC well before the deadline as it is likely that the admissions in the program of their choice close before the deadline arrives. Popular programs tend to close way earlier than other programs)