O Pride Microsoft celebrates with and around employees around the world for greater visibility and equality for the LGBTQIA + communities – this month and every day of the year. Microsoft releases Microsoft UnlockA digital experience that, in the coming months, will bring together stories from LGBTQIA + communities and immersive experiences on topics related to accessibility, sustainability, culture, science and technology.
Pride has no boundaries – Pride event on June 17 in Metavers
From the motto “Pride has no boundaries”, Organized by Microsoft’s LGBTQIA + community, continued June 17 Here 6 p.m. An experimental phenomenon in metaverse. Participants will explore Pride’s history in the virtual world and learn more about LGBTQIA + rights from activists, gamers, and advocates for the LGBTQIA + communities on Microsoft, Xbox, and from organizations such as the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association (ILGA). ) And Outright Action International. Learn more at aka.ms/talkpride.
Pride 2022 in Portugal
As one of the pillars of our culture, diversity and inclusion, Microsoft develops and promotes local, regional and global influx of employees. Created in 1993 to give voice to LGBTQIA + communities Global LGBTQIA + staff and associates at Microsoft Employee Resource Group (GLEAM), And in 2018, the community began activities in Portugal. Currently in the group 120 members And, since its inception, it has grown every year, 75% In the number of participants.
In 2019, Microsoft participated in the Pride Parade in Lisbon for the first time, through GLEAM, with 60 employees and their families. In 2020, with the support of 137 Microsoft volunteer employees in Portugal, it hosted the world’s first virtual pride event. Last year, Microsoft also hosted a digital event and “Together, we can“GLEAM members voiced the stories of Portuguese employees, showing how they live a life of diversity and inclusion in the company’s culture.
The most global Microsoft Pride ever
Pride in Microsoft focuses on the interplay of LGBTQIA + movements between race, ethnicity, and geography, highlighting the challenges facing communities, and appealing for a united global response. For this year’s campaign, Microsoft will donate 170 thousand dollars LGBTQIA + Nanfa Outright Action International, African Rainbow Family, National Center for Transgender Equality, Mermaids, Lavender Rights Project and Fullcrum UA. Have been added to this action Eight Millions of dollars Microsoft, along with its affiliates, has been donating since last year.
Microsoft operates in more than 120 countries, many of which still do not provide legal protection to LGBTQIA + communities and even restrict their identity. In selecting this year’s Pride Focus, GLEAM members reflected the interplay of LGBTQIA + communities, focusing on the stories of black and African American, Asian, Indigenous, Hispanic and Latin LGBTQIA + and the interconnected nature of today’s global challenges.
Giving voice to over 30 LGBTQIA + communities
Last year, GLEAM adopted more than a dozen community flags to promote various LGBTQIA + communities. This year, it has nearly doubled the number of communities represented in the Microsoft campaign LGBTQIA + 33 identification flags, one allied flag and one polymeric flag.
Microsoft’s Most Inclusive Pride Collection
Since 2018, Microsoft has introduced Pride products in their offerings, celebrating and highlighting the interdependence and strengths of the LGBTQIA + communities. This year, GLEAM members worked with teams at Microsoft to release the most inclusive collection in Microsoft’s history:
- Xbox – Explore curated games, community stories, non-profit partnerships and more – all created by and with the LGBTQIA + communities.
- Xbox Design Lab Pride Controller – Customize your Xbox Wireless Controller with Pride’s new design Xbox Design Lab. Available June 9 in all Xbox Design Lab markets.
- Xbox Gear – “Wear” Pride with limited-edition T-shirts, totes and more.
- Xbox Games – Celebrate Pride with the makers of LGBTQIA + on Xbox.
- Microsoft Store – Explore a collection of games and movies curated by the LGBTQIA + communities at Microsoft.
- Windows – New Windows background inspired by LGBTQIA + community flags.
- Microsoft 365 – Celebrate pride in Microsoft 365 apps with a special theme inspired by LGBTQIA + community flags.
- Microsoft Teams – Over 50 new virtual backgrounds for Pride.
- Microsoft Teams Mobile Apps – Use the “Show Your Pride” theme in Microsoft Teams apps.
- Outlook Mobile – Embrace Pride in Outlook Mobile with themes inspired by Pride, Trans, Lesbian, Bisexual and Nonbinary flags.
- Skype – Celebrate pride with virtual backgrounds and scenes inspired by LGBTQIA + flags.
- Microsoft Rewards – Join Microsoft Rewards for supporting Outright Action International through the Microsoft Bing survey.
- Bing – Explore the stories of people who have contributed to the continuous progress towards LGBTQIA + equality.
- Microsoft Unlock – Explore our latest Pride version Center For immersive stories in the LGBTQIA + community and beyond.
- Microsoft Design – Find the stories of the designers behind the Pride Collection
- Microsoft Life – Explore stories from Microsoft contributors around the world.
Microsoft has consistently championed LGBTQIA + communities since 1989, the year it was the first company to introduce gender orientation in its non-discrimination policies. Even before it became legal in the United States, Microsoft publicly championed marriage equality – and continued to champion all types of families. In addition, Microsoft has scored 100 points on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Business Equality Index for 17 years.
Watch the video of the Microsoft Western Europe Pride campaign here:
To download the image, click here: Media assets