Chinese Government Scholarship(CSC) 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies at more than 280 Chinese Universities. Chinese Government Scholarship 2023 covers accommodation, basic heath insurance and monthly allowance up to 3500 Yuan.
This scholarship intend to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation and mutual understanding between other countries and China. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply.
About China Scholarship Council
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) is a non-profit institution with legal person status affiliated with the Ministry of Education. The objective of the CSC is to provide, in accordance with the law, statutes and relevant principles and policies of China, financial assistance to the Chinese citizens wishing to study abroad and to the foreign citizens wishing to study in China in order to develop the educational, scientific and technological, and cultural exchanges and economic and trade cooperation between China and other countries, to strengthen the friendship and understanding between Chinese people and the people of all other countries, and to promote world peace and the socialist modernization drive in China. China Scholarship Council is financed mainly by the states special appropriations for scholarship programmes. At the same time the CSC accepts donations from the personages, enterprises, social organizations and other organizations at home and abroad.
Aim and Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship Undergraduate Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university residence in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
Type A CSC scholarship is more attractive, therefore it is more competitive due to the high demand. If you can afford living expense, you should apply for Type B or Type C CSC scholarship because it will be easier to obtain.
Requirements for Chinese Government Scholarship Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old.
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students
Interview date, Process and Venue for Chinese Government Scholarship PhD Scholarship
International students from all world countries are eligible to apply.
Documents Required for Application
Completed application form: You will find it after registering on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. You must attach a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical center where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
(3) CV written in English or Chinese: You can attach a document that contains information about your specialty and your academic interests, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form (the space is quite short, I recommend that you attach this information in an attached document).
(4) Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese from your last university professors.
(5) TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you don’t have IELTS certificate, you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English language. It is called English proficiency certificate.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) Although it is NOT an essential requirement to apply for this scholarship, if you have an HSK diploma (level of Chinese) you must attach it. The Chinese government plans to finance up to two years of Chinese-language university studies so that you reach the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen.
However, if you already have a degree, your training will be a lower economic expense, so increases your chances of obtaining the scholarship. This logic does not apply to courses which are taught in English, since enrollment rates in these courses are twice as large as those taught in Chinese.
(9) Another important but not essential requirement is acceptance letter issued by professors of a Chinese university where you want to take admission. Some universities prefer applicants having acceptance letter and some universities have no requirement of acceptance letter but if you have acceptance letter it is good symbol for you. If you are applying for university having limited quota of seats then also try for acceptance letter, you will be preferred.
If you are applying for high ranked university/universities then you must try for acceptance letter, you will be preferred. Start Emailing in October to Professors for Acceptance Letter. Search professors profile related to your field of your desired university and send them emails and please don’t copy email from others make it your own.
- Tips: How to find faculty of your desired university? Just go to google.com and write the University name for example Zhejiang University Faculty of Biochemistry or Life Sciences. You will see the faculty list. Email to the Professor, if he or she is not replying, don’t start shelling emails because they might be busy or they don’t need any new student.
(10) Another important but not essential requirement is pre-admission letter from the destination university. This letter is issued by the university that you are wanted as a student. However, it is not easy to achieve, unless you have studied at that university and they know you by your merits.
The advantage of having it is that it increases the chances of being awarded the scholarship for that university. If you do not have one, you may be sent to another university of your priority (during the application process, you have the possibility to select three universities in order of preference) or, in the worst case, to any one they choose.
(11) Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them.
(12) If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
Note: It is advised to choose a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University so that they reach in time.
April 30, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to China Scholarship Council on studyinchina.csc.edu.cn to applyFollowing simple and easy application procedure will help you to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You should check the deadline of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese). You can apply for three universities with this CSC portal account.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and the number of authorized agency or university (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university, you have selected).
- Once you have completed all the information in the online application for Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the required documents in PDF format (list is given below).
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course.
- Check if the Chinese University of your choice requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If that university requires an online application then submit this application on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July. From that moment, the entities begin to distribute by post the necessary documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Chinese Government Scholarship require online application submission at CSC portal. After that the candidate should apply to the selected university and send the required documents to the university along with CSC scholarship application form.
For more information visit: Chinese Scholarship Council website.